Monday, June 5, 2023

A post from back in 2020

This is an older post but it is interesting to see my reaction to Covid.

 I have not posted since January 15th 2020. I mentioned at the time that ANYEYE Film Lab had been to Colorado, Berlin Germany, and Nantes France. Being amazed at where my films had taken me.

A lot has happened since then. There has been a shift in things. Fear and caution have all but replaced curiosity and confidence. Travel is restricted, gatherings are restricted and interaction is now primarily over video conference calls. An opportunistic virus has brought our capitalist system to a standstill. At least the retail part of it. It seems odd, maybe ironic that a microbe could do this.
Memes are birthing and spreading as well. This has been the most depressing part of the three month experience. I do not feel like we are all in this together. Nor do I want to be a hero. I just want to be able to communicate in full sentenced with body language and gestures in real time and space.
I have taken on the task of renovating a two car garage. I want to turn it into a studio office space and make room for our 4 year old step grandson to have a room of his own.

The garage looks like this so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment